Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Gettin' brain in the library 'cuz I love knowledge

September 20th. Leave dreary, vintage Cincinnati for "windy" Wellington, New Zealand for four months. Too good to be true. I really don't think its hit me, even yet.

I haven't really heard much about the more descript details of this internship; you know... like what I'll be doing. I really hope its more than just being the "Yankee coffee boy" for the Kiwi nation. Dream layout - Covering the All Blacks or the Wellington Hurricanes recent success on the rugby pitch, and then, right as the internship is wrapping up, get offered a job as a full time reporter. (I can hear the angels singing now..)

Rugby. Kiwi domination. The real man's sport; nine inch metal spikes and no equipment. When the ball is in a scrum, you are encouraged to cleat someone to free up the pitch. Thats what I am talking about! Aahh, I can't wait! Hopefully (I'm sure it won't be too much of a stretch in the capital), Ill be able to find some kind of pickup league and get a couple good sized welts and black-eyes, all the more impressive souvenirs to show mates back in the states.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home